For legal marriage registration following documents are required by Danish Authorities.

  1. A Power of Attorney – to confirm that it is okay, at Swan Weddings will arrange the wedding for you. We’ll send you this form to fill out and sign
  2. Declaration of Marriage – we’ll send you this form to fill out and sign
  3. Your passport – you must attach pictures of all pages in your passport, or your EU/EEA ID card – picture of both sides of your ID-card
  4. Certificate of Residence or other documentation as proof of your residence (e.g. electricity bill, rental bill), not older than 6 months.
  5. Documentation for legal entry and residence in Denmark. If you’re from outside the EEA or Switzerland – a visa or a residence permit. If you’re from the EEA and living in Denmark – a EU residence document / Permanent residence permit.
  6. Civil status certificate (also called a letter of non-impediment, or Certificate of marital status), from your home country and all other countries that you have had residence in after your 18 th. year. This document confirms that you have not been married before and should be no more than 4-month-old. Some countries (e.g. USA) cannot provide such of document. In such cases, talk to us and we will help you to find a solution.
  7. If you have previously been married you must attach proof that the marriage has ended by divorce, death or annulment:  copy  of divorce agreement, or death certificate, or annulment.
  8. If you have one or more common children, you must attach copies of their birth certificate(s).

If it is not possible to obtain one or more of the documents we ask for, you will be able to explain the reason why, on the application for a certificate of marital status.

All documents, if in a different language, must be translated by authorized translator into German, English or Danish and legalized OR stamped with an Apostille (vary by country and you and your partners circumstances – please ask).

Remember to bring to Denmark both: translated documents and the originals.

Apostille: Single verification of the original document (not copy of the original) via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country.

Legalization is verification of the original document (not copy of the original) via:

  1. the proper superior Ministry (usually the Ministry of Justice, in some countries the Ministry of the Interior)
  2. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country
  3. the local Danish embassy or consulate

Сontact us, so we can plan your perfect wedding