Wedding in Denmark: How all it works, step by step
- Get in touch. Drop us an e-mail or enquire via the site to let us know which venue you’re interested in. Or just call us.
- Introductory meeting. We contact you as soon as possible and we’ll discuss all requirements for your perfect wedding abroad; from accommodation requirements to quantity of your guests, budget and activities. This meeting is non-committal and free of charge and in most cases via telephone, Viber, Whats up or Skype.
- Agreement. Based on our Introductory meeting, we’ll create an Agreement letter, and after signing it, we can start up developing your wedding package, with all the details and associated costs. As soon as the wedding package is approved by the Client, Swan Weddings & Events will send to the Client Wedding Services Agreement.
- Payments. A EUR 300 booking fee is due an Agreement signing. The remaining balance according to the designed wedding package and in conformity with the bespoken payment schedule depends on total amount and date of the ceremony.
- A legal support. We make all paperwork with Danish Authorities to ensure that your marriage get legal validity and you come back home with right documents. We will send you The Power of Attorney to fill out and sign. After receiving the Power of Attorney, we send you an application for a Certificate of marital status to fill out and sign. You need to photographer and email your documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (the list of required documents find HERE).We will check the documents thoroughly and submit them to the Danish authorities for approval. The standard processing time for the documents is 14 days. In the case of divorce decrees / death certificates issued in countries outside the European Union (except for the USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia, a.o.) the case working period may be longer.After your document approval, we will confirm date of your wedding in Denmark.
- Plan your perfect day. After depositum is paid, we start to plan your wedding to ensure that every little detail is taken care of for your big day. The wedding planner is the contact point for the bride and groom, making sure that everything is managed as agreed.
- Welcome to Denmark. We pick you up in the airport or harbor or meet you at the accommodation. We arrange logistic for your guests. We assist with check you in, and help personally with any last-minute requests, making sure everything is in order.
- Enjoy your amazing wedding. The perfect destination wedding that you have always dreamed of!
- After wedding: a legal part. Two international marriage certificates will be issued Immediately after the wedding ceremony. These certificates are available in English, German, Danish, Spanish and French. We can arrange an Apostille on one of them. You will receive it within 5 days.